Letchworth State Park (Wyoming)
- New York State Atlas & Gazetteer (Delorme Mapping Company) page(s):
- Other Maps:
- How to get there:
- Perry entrance, 4 miles East of Perry or Mt. Morris entrance.
Camping area is 6 miles south of Route 36 vis Mt. Morris entrance.
- Description of the Park:
- 14,350 acres. Known as the "Grand Canyon" of the east. The
park has 3 major waterfalls. The Glen Iris Inn is located in the park.
- 1 Letchworth State Park, Castile, NY 14427-1124
- Phone number for the campground:
- (716) 237-3303
- Phone number for making reservations:
- Campground open during the following season:
- mid May to last weekend in October
- Number of electric sites: 270
- Number of non-electric sites: 0
- Number of cabin sites: 0
- Description of the sites:
- 8 different loops, open to very wooded, some with tall pines
- Quiet hours:
- Allowed in loops 1 & 2. Must be leashed. Not allowed in restrooms or rec. hall.
- Nearby Activities:
- Commercial rafting and kayaking. 24 mile Finger Lakes Trail on the east side of the Genesee River
- Description of the facilities:
- Group camping available, non-electric sites, chemical toilets,
no showers. Fishing in the river, park pond and public fishing streams.
No boats. Swimming: Harvey pool (huge) and South pool. 20 marked and
numbered trails (graded easy to moderate).
- The following facilities/activities can be found at (or near) the campground:
- Bath House
- Camp Store
- Cross Country Skiing
- Flush Toilets
- Ice Skating
- Kids Programs
- Picnic Area
- Recreation Building
- Sled Hills