How to post images in the ADK-GVC photo gallery
These instructions are so the webmaster and Executive Committee members can remember how to do it.
- Open Google Drive
- Go to the ADK-GVC Media Assets folder. If you don't have access, contact the webmaster.
- Select the appropriate subfolder, for example, > ADK-GVC Media Assets > Trails Albums > 85 - Trails 2015
- Notice that the year folders are prefixed with a number equal to 2100-year to make then sort nicely.
- Create a folder for the trip or event.
- Use a name of the form "2015-01-31 Ellison Park - Photos by Vinnie Finn" with the sortable date, brief name, and photographer.
- Copy the photos to the new folder.
- Please resize the images to 1000 or fewer pixels on the long edge for faster loading and to be kind to our disk space.
- Let email@example.com know where you put the images.
The following steps are for the webmaster.
- Sign in to the ADK-GVC.org website.
- Go to the Photo Gallery.
- Select the appropriate subgallery. Go there.
- Edit the page.
- Insert at Drive Folder container.
- Select the folder with the newly uploaded images.
- Set the container to 250 pixels high, grid view.
- If there are more than two containers with images in a grid, removed the oldest ones. The images are still available in the list containers below.
- Update the appropriate folder on the top level photo gallery with the new image folder. I think we can keep the most recent from each group and still have the page load quickly enough.
- Update the What's New link and page.